When you think of the word “eclectic,” you should be thinking of Lindy Naj. She’s the mortar in every project ESI undertakes. Consider our projects the brick. Lindy offers decades of experience in project management, library science, records management, IT consulting, and software development – that’s the mortar.
Tell us where you’re going to find that (seriously). Lindy artfully weaves our clients (the WHO) with their organizational structure (the HOW). And all of that comes from understanding each WHY – and her desire to create exceptional outcomes on every level. So how did this all come to pass?
Prior to joining ESI Attorneys, Lindy’s experience spanned corporate IT, records management, and eDiscovery. Shortly after the eDiscovery amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Pocedure (FRCP) were enacted in 2006, Lindy transitioned from leading IT technical support and software development teams to electronic records management. Exhilarating, right? Well, it was (and is) for Lindy.
In the time since, she has established records programs at Nelnet, Inc., an educational services company, and for the University of Denver (DU). Here, she led development of Records Authority, an open source software tool for web-based retention schedule access and management . This was all under a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPR).
If that weren’t enough, Lindy has also led global records initiatives and tracked eDiscovery for MolsonCoors Brewing Company, an international beverage manufacture. She’s partnered on inventories and records risk assessments for Encana Oil & Gas USA and Encana Corporation Canada and developed data maps and organizational knowledge management taxonomies for enterprise SharePoint environments. In English, Lindy is pretty much a badass – combining the arts of technology and organizational structure to create results that are beyond exceptional, functional, and practical.
An admitted good cook but bad baker, she spends her time outside of ESI with her husband and their daughter. Having lived in multi-cultural Hawaii for many years, you might also be able to catch her at Pacific Rim-themed hole-in-the-wall restaurants or one of the many Hawaiian or Chinese cultural events around town.
After the deletion of “expired,” non-record email, IT was entirely giddy at having won back well over 50% of storage space on the installed server base! Is this a big deal? Well, the company’s IT security lead asked: ”I’ve been trying to get x program off the ground for two years straight – how’d you manage to pull this off?”
Best of all though, the project’s executive sponsor said, “People are so attached to their email and there was such widespread resistance to the idea at first that when the new approach went live I was expecting to get calls from others on the executive team. But the preparation and change management were so good that I didn’t get even one call or email!”
Recent Professional Contributions
- Leading the software life cycle and technical support, including requirements identification, provider selection, code development, testing, release, and ongoing
- Conducting corporate records and records risk inventories
- Designing automated email retention and disposition workflows
- Developing information governance policies, retention schedules, and enterprise taxonomies
- Managing the full information life-cycle, including routine, defensible deletion of no longer needed business data in all forms
- Building data maps and evaluating data mapping needs based on litigation and risk portfolios
- Setting up comprehensive legal hold matter and custodian tracking
- Modeling and implementing information management solutions utilizing SaaS software, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint
- ARMA International and Mile High Denver Chapter
- Society of American Archivists, Panelist 2011 Annual Conference
Education and Certifications
- University of Illinois, Bachelor of Arts, German Language and Literature
- University of Hawaii, Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Certified Records Manager (CRM)
- AIIM Information Certification (CIP)